Monday, October 1, 2012

My Boys

Hi!

Did you have a good weekend? Ours was lovely. I worked on the blanket I'm crocheting for Christopher and I'm learning to knit too so I did some practicing. I also learned to crochet a flower! It's a little too big to put on a card because I used a thicker yarn, but if I get something thinner and a smaller hook, I can make flowers for my paper craft projects! Wouldn't that be fun? And I could try and make a flower out of baker's twine. Have you seen some of the crochet twine projects floating around in blog-land and Pinterest?

Today on the Pebbles blog we've created projects by combining our favorite collections.


Do you know which two lines I've mixed together here?


If you guessed Sunnyside and Walnut Grove, you guessed right!


I love the mix of patterns...wood grain, text, checks, stripes and polka dots!


I used the Silhouette to create the title and chevron stripes.


My boys, my husband and son, I love these two! This photograph was taken while we were at our local pumpkin patch a few years back.

I hope you have a great start to your week. I'm going to run downstairs and throw together a pot of split pea soup for my lunches this week. It's raining today and sounds so good!

Thanks for visiting!

9 comments:

Laurel said...

Oh, love the mix of these two... love your layout.

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous Kathy!
You always know exactly what to mix how to do it just right, I bet you're a fabulous cook as well ;-))

Created by Kathi said...

Love your work... glad you are getting cool use of negatives in your scrapbooks too! Thanks for inspiring! I picked out the Sunnyside since I had to buy it when you showcased it a few weeks ago but missed the other one... oh well. Enjoy your soup! ;) Kathi

Mendi Yoshikawa said...

Love your use of the Silhouette on your title and background! The idea of your homemade crocheted embellishments for your cards also sounds very cool--I can't wait to see that! :)

Alice Carman said...

Great layout Kathy! I always look forward to your blog posts.

Alice said...

love the design and that you used both the positive and the negative of the die cut. fabulous layout, Kathy!

Diana Fisher said...

Gotta love the boy pages!! :) Great way to use the Cameo on a layout. So fun!

Diana Waite said...

sounds like a FUN weekend! GREAT layout I LOVE it!

Donna said...

WOW! Love this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...